Michelle Denis (RP, ExAT, BFA, OEATA)
Registered Psychotherapist and Parent Coach
Expressive Arts, Mindfulness, Somatic, and Person-Centered Psychotherapy
I have witnessed in myself and others, our capacity to cultivate joy, gratitude and resilience, no matter what we have and continue to face in our lives. We all have the capacity to tap into an inner wisdom to transform our lives moment to moment.
As a Somatic Mindfulness Therapist and Expressive Arts Therapist, I encourage gentle and curious observation of the inner somatic, sensory and emotional experience as meditation and/or during the artistic process, as a way to deepen self understanding and acceptance, and to find resolution and healing from your own body and feeling wisdom. The artistic process, should that be an area you would like to explore, becomes both a container for the work, and a vehicle of expression and healing. I work with women, men, parents, teachers, childcare providers and groups. The arts practices I facilitate are visual, dance/movement, voice/sound, drama/story telling, and poetry.
Some of the benefits of therapy may include:
- Opening up to a more intimate relationship with oneself and others
- Cultivating gentleness, compassion and curiosity towards self and others
- Building tools for managing stress, overwhelm and anxiety
- Working through fears and emotional blocks
- Accessing and building upon inner healing resources
- Cultivating a sense of ease with vulnerability and our deepest needs for belonging and connection
- Finding joy and play through difficult times
- Learning to trust oneself and others
- Practicing healthy boundaries and self care
- Unleashing creativity and comfort with the messy creative process that is also life
Areas of Expertise:
- Anxiety and depression
- Childhood trauma
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions and challenges
- Peaceful and attachment parenting support and strategies
- Anyone wishing to explore and develop their own creative, meditative and/or spiritual practice
Fees: $150 per 1hr session.
Click here to contact me for more information.